Wednesday 6 November 2013

"Homemade Waffles"

I have always wanted to make my own waffles for my kids. So, when I saw the Kenwood waffle maker, I knew I had to get it. I am so glad I did!! The first recipe I used to make the waffles turned out to be not so good. The waffles were a bit soft and didn't have the right kind of texture that I wanted, which was light & crisp!
 
Not giving up, I searched through the web to look for the best waffle recipe that could produce wonderful light & crisp waffles. Found a few recipes but I tried this recipe by Pamela Anderson of Fine Cooking and her recipe was fantastic. The waffles turned out beautiful and my kids loved them. I've made them a few times already and each time they turned out really great!
 
The recipe for the waffles by Pamela Anderson is:-
 
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cornstrach
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup mik
6 tbs vegetable oil
1 large egg, separated
1 tbs sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
 
Mix the ingredients as per the photos below
 
Part A

This is the dry ingredient that is made of flour, cornstrach, salt, baking powder and baking soda
 
Part B
The wet ingredient made of buttermilk, milk, vegetable oil & egg yolk
 
Part C
Egg white  and sugar whipped until the peaks are firm and glossy
 
Then, pour Part B into Part A and whisk until just mixed. Drop the whipped egg white onto the batter (Part A & Part B) in dollops and fold in with a spatula until just incorporated.
 



Pout the waffle into the waffle maker and cook the batter until waffle is no longer sticking to the pan and the colour is golden. Do not forget to butter the waffle pans before pouring in the waffle batter!

This is my Kenwood waffle maker. I've poured the waffle batter to fit in just nicely around the square shape of the waffle maker

Ta da... my waffles all light & crisp ready to be taken out


My homemade waffles

These waffles are really good eaten hot out of the waffle maker with butter and maple syrup. also good with ice-cream, strawberries and chocolate fudge!!

Have a try and am sure you guys will love it! Thanks again to Pamela Anderson for sharing such a brilliant waffle recipe :)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment