Monday 31 March 2014

"Bridal Shower for Jesrina"

Another order from Raja Johanna and this time its a cake! Celebrating the upcoming nuptials of her younger sister, Raja Jesrina, Johanna had organised a bridal shower for Jess. She wanted a cake to celebrate the occassion and she wanted the cake to have all of Jess' favourite things.
 
The mandatory items on the cake were HP laptop, white Chanel bag and makeup, especially eye makeup. The cake was a vanilla bean cake with white chocolate ganache. I started off the cake with sculpting the laptop. Mind you, a closed lap top actually looks easy but somehow it didn't out that way for me. For some reason, I had so much problems with my fondant. Due to the current hot and dry spell happening in Selangor, my fondant was so dry and started to crack almost immediately after I covered the cake. It was indeed a very challenging cake for me.
 
I was quite frustrated with the circumstances but I couldn't give up. Even if it meant that I had to recover the cakes again because the cracks on the fondant was so bad that I couldn't accept such  standard in my work. The make-up part was the easiest but I couldn't spend more time on that part of the cake as I was running out of time. I am glad though that I still managed to finish the cake but it wasn't my best effort.
 
The aerial view of my cake
I actually had the eye makeup cover printed on sugar paper but it couldn't be seen from this view. The laptop turned out okay and it was my favourite part of the cake.
 
The white Chanel Classic handbag

The back view of my cake

And the makeup with the brushes
Jess loved the detailing I did on the cake but I wished I could have done a better job for her! Now, am busy preparing for Jess the cupcakes doorgifts for her akad nikah ceremony this month. Its going to be a hectic first half of April for me. Do stay tune for that post later this month!!

No comments:

Post a Comment