Friday 30 May 2014

"Shimmery Ivory Cupcakes"

I was commissioned by Raja Jesrina Tan Sri Raja Arshad or fondly called Jess to make another order of cupcakes. This time its for her Wedding Party, which was held on 19th April 2014 at the Shang-ri La. The concept of the wedding party is elegant, luxurious & ethereal. The colour she wanted was a combination of white and light ivory. The flowers were fantasy flowers and filled with sugar pearl dragees in the centre. I had the flowers and cupcake base airbrushed a pearl sheen so in order to create the shimmery effect. The lace cupcake wrappers were also custom made in light ivory and ordered from overseas. The cupcake itself is lemon poppy flavoured with vanilla frosting.
 
The ivory base of the cupcakes were airbrushed a pearl shimmer as Jess wanted the shimmer and lustre effect
The cupcakes with the fantasy flowers in ivory and pearl dragees
The wedding cupcake up close. Looks ethereal and classy and just the way Jess wants them to be!
I had these flowers airbrushed too
  
I had the cupcake lace wrappers custom made in ivory to match the theme of the wedding party
  
Congratulations again Jess on your marriage!! Thanks for the 2 big orders for this year. I guess with these two big orders, I am sort of done on big orders for the time being. I will see how the future pans out for me and then decide if I should really continue. For now, I will only make special request cakes and on a smaller scale as my hands are still not a 100% healed!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment