Monday 16 June 2014

"Gift Box"


 A very simple cake I did for my friend, Yan, who wanted a fondant cake for her family's consumption. Yan has been one of my loyal customers right from our Jakarta days. These days, her kids are already big and she doesn't have any more birthday parties. She does however, still orders my vanilla cake from time to time. She is one person who wants fondant on the cake even though there's no special occasion for the cake.
 
Truth is, Yan loves to eat the fondant part of the cake!! The only one I know so far! Most people I know throw away the fondant part and just eat the actual cake part. In a way, am glad that Yan doesn't waste all the sugar used. That's the most expensive part of the cake actually.
 
The cake I made for her this time is a mini gift box in fuchsia. I had the sides of the decorated like Moroccan tiles and the top had a grey suggar ribbon with white roses. 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment