Thursday 29 January 2015

Hannah's Owl

My daughter, Hannah celebrated her 10th birthday last October 14th. She shares the same birthday as her daddy, and that's why she will always be Daddy's Little Girl. Hannah has been pestering me to make her an owl theme birthday cake since the beginning of 2014 when she started going ga-ga over anything that are owls. I always look forward to making birthday cakes for my kids. I love their reaction when they see the finished product.
 
So, when we were in Kuala Lumpur last September for a visa renewal visit, Hannah and I found this cute owl paper clips at Typo. The owl paper clips were in light teal and white. Of course Hannah was so happy as teal is one of her favourite colours now. Since purple is another of her favourite colours, we both decided to make her birthday theme this year light purple, light teal and white.
 
I made butter cookies for her classmates and used the owl paper clip as my source of inspiration. I had the fondant owls painted white at its eyebrows and tummy. The cookies turned out great and Hannah's classmates were very happy with her birthday treat.
  
Hand painting the sugar owls in edible white paint

The purple and teal owls

The butter cookie with the owl and the owl paper clip
that I used as my inspiration

For Hannah's classmates

I managed to get the basket at the Chatuchak weekend
market at a bargain! I love them 
 
For Hannah's cake, I basically made a bigger version of the sugar owl and airbrushed the cake with a pearl shimmer. The cake was quite easy to execute and I managed to complete the cake and cookies all on the same day. I guess not working does have its perks! I can spend the whole day taking my time instead of always having to rush my time and fighting for time.
 
My baby girl with her cake



 
I can't believe that my baby girl is 10 already and this year she will be 11. How fast time flies! I wish I could just slow down the time and treasure every moment of her childhood as long as I could. She is almost a teenager now and acts like she's going on 16! Don't grow up too fast, baby girl! Treasure each and every childhood moment you can. Time passed will never be recaptured. I wish her only the best things in her life and hope she will grow into a beautiful young lady that I see her becoming each day. Love you to the moon and back, my baby girl....
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment