Sunday 8 July 2012

"Dino Train Cupcakes"

One of my oldest and dearest friend, Azlina, ordered these Dino Train cupcakes for her son, Adam's 3rd birthday celebration. Originally, the order was supposed to be a cake but she changed her mind and asked me to make cupcakes instead. As usual for me, I've never heard of Dino Train before this and neither have my kids. I had to google and look it up as how am I supposed to make the cuppies without knowing what's it all about, right???

So, I finally found out that its a Jim Henson (of the Muppets fame) creation of dinasours and trains and so on. Very cute actually. This was an easy order as Azlina wanted me to print out the edible images instead of making the sugar modelling (phew to that!!!). The dinasours would have been challenging to make and time was not on my side. 

At the same time that week, Tenby organised Olympics Day at school and I had to bake bread pudding as contribution for Hannah's class. Each class had to represent a past host nation and Hannah's class was The Netherlands. Since bread is one of the main food staples in Holland, I was told to make bread pudding by the teachers. Well, I guess that's easy enough considering I didn't have much else to contribute!!







My only contribution for Hannah's class, the bread pudding (left corner) with white chocolate sauce. According to Hannah, it was so good that there were no leftovers!! Amin to that!








Now that part was over, I could concentrate on Adam's cupcakes. The cupcakes had 3 colours mainly, green, orange and blue. I chose the images to have it custom made by my faithful edible image supplier. The cupcakes turned out alright and I must say its not one of my best efforts. I much preferred to make cupcakes or cakes that require certain challenges when executing them. Ta da, this is how the cupcakes looked like :)

Adam was so happy when he saw the dinos and Azlina loved the deco



Thanks again for the order my trusted and loyal friend. Will surely miss you when you move to Papua New Guinea at the end of the year. Happy 3rd Birthday, Adam....

xoxoxo
Auntie Elinna


No comments:

Post a Comment