Sunday 1 July 2012

"Choux Pastry Class with David Lee"

I've always wanted to learn how to make choux (pronounced like "shoe") pastry the correct way. So, when I received a message  from Artisan informing me of this class, I was very happy that I finally get a chance to learn how to make the choux pastry. Choux pastry is actually a pastry that can be transformed into many kind of desserts such as cream puffs, eclairs, churros, profiteroles and so on. The most important is the basic. You get it right with the basics and you're good to go!

So, I learned 4 types of desserts that day, which are cream puffs, eclairs, swans (not so keen on making, because its tedious!!!) and Paris Brest. I so love how David transforms a simple recipe into fantastic desserts just by making fantastic fillings!!! His pastry cream varieties are to die for especially the praline flavour. Am actually excited to try and make some for my family. My kids love these pastries and have been bugging me for months to make them. 

This is how the basic choux pastry is done. Its different from other pastry dough as with choux pastry you have to cook the flour and butter first before adding the eggs

The pastry is then piped  onto trays to make them into the different varieties, i.e. cream puffs and eclairs like the one above

This is the Paris Brest all ready. It has the praline pastry cream filling

Our ready made eclairs. Looks good ya. It tastes as awesome as it looks!!!

Our Swans with chantilly cream and strawberries

Last but not least, our cream puffs with chocolate topping

This will definitely be one of the items that I'll offer under Pink Ellies soon. Its definitely a popular dessert for kids and adults. 

No comments:

Post a Comment