Thursday 9 August 2012

"Pineapple Tarts & Such"

In my earlier post, I mentioned that I have baked two types of Raya cookies. Well, the other cookie that I made for this Hari Raya was the pineapple tarts. This request was made by my other half, who loves the jam tarts. So, I managed to complete one batch this week and have yet to complete another batch. I had to put a halt on my cookies baking this week as I had two cake orders also. Even though I had at first decided to take at least a month and a half break from selling cakes, I decided to take on these orders.  My hands are itching to make some sugar modelling! Crazy, I know but I missed creating my sugarpaste cakes!!!

First, these are my pineapple jam tarts...

The jam tarts just melts in your mouth as you take the first bite!

Pineapple tarts have always been my all time favourite Raya cookie. Been having at least two of these after I break fast! Bad for the waistline!!!!


This year, baking the pineapple tarts was relatively easy and I was very surprised at how fast I was able to finish one batch of these cookies! Hopefully, baking the second batch wouldn't give me any problems.

Now, for my first cake order this week, it was a chocolate cake with chocolate ganache icing. This cake was ordered by Annie, who wanted to try my chocolate cake. She found my FB page, Pink Ellies Novelty Cakes and enquired about an engagement cake. So, after many e-mails, she decided she couldn't wait for her engagement to taste my cake and decided to order one this week. So, I made her a buttermilk moist chocolate cake with dark chocolate ganache. Enjoy the cake, Annie and thanks for the order!

The chocolate cake

I added Oreo crumbs, dark chocolate & white chocolate shavings on the cake. I put 3 layers of chocolate ganache on the cake
Looks good, eh!





No comments:

Post a Comment