Thursday 16 August 2012

"Not Out Yet!"

Last weekend, I had a cake order from Juwita Ghani (she ordered from me the Mickey & Friends cake last month). This time, she wanted to surprise her husband, Richard Sayer, who was celebrating his 38th birthday on 08th August 2012. She had organised for him a small dinner party on 11th August 2012 and wanted a birthday cake for that occasion. Richard likes sports especially the game cricket. So, she wanted me to make a cricket theme cake for him.

To tell you the truth, I've never watched a cricket game before and I don't even know how it is played. When I received the e-mail request from Juwita, I had to start researching on the web to see the best way to design the cake. To me, a cricket cake would not be complete without the player on the cricket lawn surrounded by all cricket stuff!! After much browsing, I noticed that almost all the cricket cakes that I see have these wordings on them, "NOT OUT" and decided I should adopt the same concept on my cake.

I actually enjoyed making this cake even though I started decorating after breaking fast. I was just too tired to do it in the day as I was also working that day. Turns out that I actually miss doing fondant cakes and had a great time creating this cake despite the fact that I finished the cake at almost 2 am!!

 
When Juwita saw this cake, she told me it was brilliant and Richard was so thrilled with the cake

 As for me, I am always happy when my clients are happy. Richard even thanked me on FB for the cake. Thank you Juwita for your loyal support! Happy Belated Birthday, Richard....




No comments:

Post a Comment