Wednesday 12 September 2012

"Hen Night"

Please don't be deceived by the title!! This is not about my hen night! I do wish it was mine though... Hehehe... I was commissioned to make cupcakes by Nisa Karl for her bestie, Tia, a bride-to-be. Tia's close friends organised for her a bachelorette party or "hen night" to celebrate the ending of her single status! The theme of the night was "Sex & The City" and I had to make the cupcakes based on this theme. The colour chosen by Nisa was pink, black  and white. 

Truthfully, I was a bit reluctant to take this order as it was due on the 06th day of Eid, which was on 24th of August and I was still in my post Raya holiday mood. Plus my maid was on break too. So, I was a bit worried that I am not able to complete the cupcakes on time and juggling my family affairs at the same time. After much thought, I decided why not. I haven't done any naughty cakes before and wanted to try something new. When Nisa sent me the sample photos of the theme for the cupcakes, I was quite excited and couldn't wait to start. I designed the cupcakes so that Nisa will get 2 Chanel bags, 2 heels, 2 bustiers, 2 G-strings and 4 New York city skyline in pink & black on the cupcakes. Nisa also wanted me to include these wordings "Tia's Hen Night". She requested for 16 cupcakes but I ended giving her 18 (the 2 extra on me) as my design could not fit 16 cupcakes.

I had so much fun making this order and my daughter, Hannah was my constant companion while I was doing the sugar modelling. I felt bad for her since it was the Raya holidays and I couldn't take her out because I had to finish the cupcakes. She opt to stay at home with me instead of following my hubby and her brother to Genting. She told me thats what BFFs do. They stick to each other!! How sweet is that????

Well anyways, this is how my cupcakes turned out...

I love the combination of the 3 colours - pink, white and black... The miniature Chanel bag is so cute and the heels are also so tiny... Hannah loves the butt!!! She says its very sexy... Hehehe...



As for Nisa, here's what she wrote to me, " Elinna, the cupcakes were super gorgeous and so detailed! Turned out so much more than I would've imagined. Will definitely post it up on fb and to the page. Thanks again amazing & nyummy!" Awww... Was so happy to receive this message by Nisa... Am so glad that everything turned out well in the end....

No comments:

Post a Comment