Tuesday 25 September 2012

"Rainbow Cake"

I've been putting off to make this cake for a while already!! Reason being its just too tedious even though the cake is actually a simple recipe cake. Finally, I couldn't say no. I've run out of excuses to give!! Hehehe... Sounds really bad, right? In the end, it was my hubby, who managed to persuade me to make the cake for his colleagues, who wanted to order two rainbow cakes from me for their office function.

I actually had so much fun seeing how the cake is turned from something so simple into six different layers of different coloured cake with rich buttercream filling in between the layers. The colours I mixed for the layers were really bright as I wanted the colour to contrast each other when the cake is cut. My rainbow cake came out to about 6.5" in height. It was quite a tall cake!!

Standing at about 6.5" tall... tadaaa... my rainbow cake!! Decorated with lemon flavoured chocolate shavings and rainbow coloured rice

The cake is vanilla flavoured and the buttercream is lemon flavoured. According to my hubby, the cake was a success and the first cake was finished within minutes after they first cut into it.

The cross-section of one of the cakes I made... See the layers inside... So vibrant. Love the colours!!!

Even though the layers were not that even, am glad that the cake was a success after all!!

I've yet to bake a rainbow cake for my kids. They have been pestering me to make one for them as they didn't get to taste any of these two cakes. So, hopefully, after we've moved to our new home and settled down, I can bake for them the rainbow cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment