Sunday 21 October 2012

"Uno"

Fara's son, Adam turned one early this month. She asked me if I could make for her a cake that is shaped the number 1. The theme colour is light blue. At first, I was not too keen on accepting the order as I have just recently moved to a new house and my kitchen was only partially completed. But then, I decided to go ahead as I have already rejected 3 cake orders since I started the move. Since the cake was a simple one, I thought why not, right???

Wrong again!!! It was a nightmare to bake and decorate a cake in a half completed kitchen, that lacks most of all, water supply. The only source of water was from my other kitchen. I had so much problem walking back and forth from my wet kitchen to my dry kitchen as my other kitchen was already 95% completed but the space is too small for me to work in. Surprisingly though, even under the stress I was in, I still managed to get the cake completed in time for collection on Saturday, the 13th of October.

The no 1 cake in light blue and three other shades of blue and white
 
The cake was of course, my chocolate cake with chocolate ganache. According to Fara, the cake was a hit with the guests at the party. They liked the simple but elegant design, but most of all they loved the chocolate cake. I was so happy to hear that. I guess the difficulties I faced making the cake paid off in the end!!

The cake from side view. The four mini cakes had Adam's name alphabets on them.
Thank you, Fara for the order. I appreciate your support for Pink Ellies....

No comments:

Post a Comment