Tuesday 23 October 2012

"Hannah's Birthday Cuppies"

My daughter Hannah, who just celebrated her 8th birthday, wanted to bring some cupcakes to school to celebrate with her friends. She has been pestering me for months already and she wanted the theme to be all girly stuff. Among the stuff that she requested I put on the cupcakes were handbag, shoes, dress, tiara and a wand. So, its a mix of a princess theme and a modern girl theme. I chose her theme colour to be pink and black but since purple is Hannah's fave colour, she insisted that the dress should be in purple!! Oh no, I thought, colour clash!!!! But since its her birthday, I just went with her request!

The cupcake wrappers and candy goody box stickers were bought online. I don't quite like the sizing for the wrappers as its quite high and doesn't fit my cupcake casings that well. Note to self, never buy from this vendor again!!! I tried to still make it look nice for Hannah. So, instead of making the deco from buttercream icing only, I made them from gumpaste. The cupcakes were french vanilla flavoured and the buttercream was just plain old vanilla icing. 

The vanilla cupcakes in pink icing with the decorated sugar pieces and of course, the purple dress!!

The mini handbag, tiara, wand and heels as requested by my little boss, Hannah...
At the last minute, I decided to give Hannah's classmates candies to go with the cupcakes. I packed the chocolates in a small plastic box and tied a ribbon in pink or black to go with the theme.

The goody box for Hannah's friends at school
Hannah told me that she had a great time celebrating her birthday in school. She also told me that I'm the best mom in the world!! Well, I guess every child thinks of their mom that way, but nevertheless, I was so touched and happy that I made her so happy!! Happy Birthday again my baby girl, Hannah. Love you always, baby....

No comments:

Post a Comment