Tuesday 16 April 2013

"My last order for April 2013"

Yes, its only the 16th of April 2013 today and I'm closed for orders this month. Reason being, my other half and me will be embarking on a spiritual journey to Makkah and Madinah this week. We will be performing our umrah and our trip will take us about 8 days. Before leaving though, I've managed to squeeze in 2 orders last week.

The first order was from Azlina, who wanted me to make for her son Ben 10 cupcakes to be taken on her son's kindy picnic. I didn't take any photos for this order as I was in a rush and totally forgot to do it!!! The cupcakes were chocolate with vanilla frosting and decorated with edible Ben 10 images.

The next order was from my neighbour (2 doors away), Kak Nora, who wanted to surprise her childhood friend, Christine with a birthday cake. She gave me a free reign on the cake design and only requested that I make for her a vanilla cake. She also mentioned that Christine loves the colour orange. When I was informed about this cake, in my mind I could already picture the cake that I wanted to make. I just wanted it to be simple and elegant with only one sugar flower on the cake and the sides decorated with 2D effect.

The overall view of the cake made with different shades of orange

The sugar flower in sunset orange - airbrushed and dusted with edible dust colouring

The decorated sides made to look a bit like lace
I quite enjoyed making this cake as this was a very simple order compared to my other cakes. Thanks for the order, Kak Nora and so sorry, I'm not able to take your order for the 20th of April this month. Next time ya...

No comments:

Post a Comment