Friday 12 April 2013

"Angry Bubble"

My friend, Elo wanted to surprise her hubby, Halim, who celebrated his 59th birthday last week. Elo and Halim were in KL for the hols. They both reside in Jakarta and that's where my friendship with them began. We met them while we were staying in Jakarta few years back. Even though, we've moved back to KL since 2011, we still remain quite close to them.

Back to the surprise party, Elo wanted a very fun cake to celebrate a fun occasion! After going through a few ideas, Elo decided on the "Angry Bubble" theme. Halim is absolutely gaga over this game on his tablet and is quite addicted to it. As for me, I never heard of this game before and I had to make a cake based on the screen capture that Elo had sent to me. I decided to do more research from the web and came out with a few ideas that I captured into this cake...

The screen capture I finally decided for the Angry Bubble theme

Elo's idea for this cake was brilliant! I love how cheerful the cake looks...


The whole view of the cake and cupcakes for the guests



  
A close-up of the cupcakes
Elo pretty much left everything else to my imagination. I decided on the colour silver & black as its most suitable for a man's birthday theme and the colours go very well with the bubble colours. I made the colourful bubbles as the main deco for the cupcakes. Elo requested a vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream.

Happy Birthday again, Pak Halim and we sure enjoyed ourselves that night :) Thanks again Elo for all your orders and support. 

xoxoxo
Elinna

No comments:

Post a Comment