Sunday 31 March 2013

"Myiesha's 4th Birthday"

My niece, Myiesha celebrated her 4th birthday last Sunday and my mom had organised a small family lunch to celebrate the occasion. My daughter and I decided to surprise Myiesha with a birthday cake. Since Myiesha is so into "My Littlest Pet Shop" figurines, I decided to make her a cake with these figures on them. Hannah is also into these cute animal figures and I asked her to choose 2 or 3 for me to replicate in sugarpaste.

The pets took longer than I initially thought to make because: 

1) I started late - almost 10 pm
2) I had no idea which one to make
3) I was still tired and recovering from the 230 cupcakes that I just completed and delivered the day before!!!

So, I wasn't really my energetic self but since the lunch was the next day, I had to somehow finish at least 3/4 of the cake decoration. I did manage to get my sugar figures done and the cake covered with fondant by the time I stopped at 1.30 am. I was glad coz I didn't really have much time the next day! 

I made Myiesha a banana cake since she loves banana and the cake is frosted with vanilla buttercream. My mom was very happy with Myiesha's cake and I was quite satisfied with the result. I had to ask Hannah if my figures looked almost the same as her toys and she gave me the thumbs up!! Phew!! She did warned me before I started making the cake that the pets had very detailed eyes and that I had to follow or my pet won't be the same. And so I did... This was how my cake looked like :)

The whole view of Lil M's cake

One of the birdie LPS pet


The cake looks so bright and cheerful 
  Happy 4th Birthday, my dearest Myiesha... Mama Lin loves you, sweetie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment