Monday 18 March 2013

"Taking A Break From Cakes"

I have been taking a break from making cakes since early March. It has been really nice just lazing around during weekends and spending time with my family. I've even managed to squeeze in going to the gym (which I have not gone for the last 8 months!!!) and taking a short trip to Penang with my hubby.

However, I did manage to make a few bakes for my family and friends. Starting with my version of cake balls or cake pops...

Cake balls made of rich chocolate cake coated with dark chocolate ganache
The cake balls from 1st row on the left is coated with crushed Hanuta wafers, 2nd row is coated with almonds and white chocolate and 3rd row is coated with milo
I also made bread pudding with bananas and walnuts... This bread pudding was inspired by Andy Bates. Watched his show on tv and I decided to try it out... Turns out to be so good especially eaten with vanilla ice-cream.
My Andy Bates inspired bread pudding with bananas and walnut
Eaten with vanilla ice-cream
Going on a roll here, I decided to make puri for dinner one night and made my own dhal and chicken curry to go with it. Puri is the fried version of chapati and is made from atta flour or whole wheat flour. Puri is actually very easy to make. Just need to add hot oil and water to the atta flour and mix until it forms a dough. Then make small balls from the dough and then roll the small balls to form a flat round pastry. Fry these round pastries one by one in hot oil. This was how my puri turned out :)

Absolutely delicious. My daughter had 3 helpings and requested that I fry more puri for lunch the next day
I also managed to make some donuts for tea one weekend. I made my donuts in 3 forms, sugar coated, chocolate glazed and peanut butter with chocolate glaze.

Another bestseller in my home... My kids loved them...
Lastly, I made an apple crumble pie for dessert...

The only photo I have of my apple pie... Eating my last bit with vanilla ice-cream
I enjoyed my time in the last weeks, baking other stuff besides cakes. I look forward to these kind of breaks... This week, my break is over and I have loads of cake baking to do... Will upload and update soon... Until then, take care peeps :)

No comments:

Post a Comment