Monday 15 July 2013

"Green"

This cake should have been made for my husband!! He's really into golfing and this cake would have been perfect for him. Instead, I made my first golf themed cake for someone else or to be precise, this cake was ordered by Raja Johanna, who happens to be Raja Jesrina's sister (my blog entry on Jess' 30th birthday). She wanted the cake for her husband's 40th birthday party last month.

Actually this is the second 40th birthday cake I made for Tengku Datuk Zafrul. The other cake I did was the arty cake with his favourite painting collection on the cake (my blog entry "Art Lover"). Johanna wanted a golf course with the hazards, such as the sand bunker and water hazard. She also wanted the buggy and a golf bag as part of the cake. No figures required! Thank goodness for that!! Hehehe... Johanna also wanted the base of the cake to be bigger instead of stacking the cakes in tiers. The cake was lemon flavoured with vanilla frosting. So, this is what I came up with :)

The overall view of my green cake

I so love the green colour of this golf course. I had the base airbrushed in different shades of green to achieve this colour

The golf bag and buggy

Sand bunker

The green and sand bunker at the 1st hole

The green and water hazard at the 2nd hole



The golf buggy I made from gumpaste
Happy 40th Birthday, Tengku Zafrul and I hoped you liked my green cake. May your coming years be blessed and filled with more happiness and joy :) 

I hope I'm able to make for my other half a golf theme cake too when he turns 40 this year...

No comments:

Post a Comment