Monday 8 July 2013

"More Cupcakes"

I had plenty of cupcakes to make at the end of June. Cupcakes are relatively very simple to make and I could do it without much preparation unless if its a fondant cupcake that requires sugar modelling!

Long story short, the Petronas Chemical Group or PCG ordered from me a day before their meeting, 75 cupcakes with 3 different flavours. For most bakers, this is quite an easy order and not complicated at all. Most bakers don't work during the day and most bakers could take their time as they have the whole day to do it. This baker, me, work from 8 to 5 pm and is the designated driver for the kids in the evening for their tutorials. So, am only able to start my baking at 8 pm. By the time I was done, I was exhausted and I sometimes wonder if its really worth it! Come to think of it, lately I've been contemplating on actually retiring from making cakes.

Time is so precious and I don't even have time for myself anymore! Well back to the cupcakes, I made sea salt chocolate, red velvet and vanilla bean cupcakes.

Cupcakes for PCG
The sea salt chocolate cupcakes with chocolate buttercream
The red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting
My very popular vanilla bean cupcakes
I was very happy with how they looked and even though I was tired, I made sure my cakes were still good in quality and taste! After this order was delivered I had to make another 50+ cupcakes for the weekend. Man, it was just cupcake orders that week. First I had to make cupcakes for my MIL, who happened to be in town that weekend. Then, I had to make for my friend, Mastura, who just had a baby girl. So, its supposed to be a baby shower sort of surprise for her. At the same time, I also had an order from Azlina, who wanted to have the edible images of t-trex on her son's cupcakes for school. 

It wasn't that bad as I had the whole Saturday to plan and bake my cupcakes, or so I thought. I took my time starting those cupcakes and I did my errands first. At the end of the day however, I was still in a rush cause I left it too late to start baking and I started stressing myself out!! I'm glad though that I still managed to finish all of them by the time I left for dinner at my SIL's abode. Alhamdulillah for that :)

Baby Aisyah's Cupcakes
The baby shower cupcakes for my one of my bestie, Mastura

We chose the theme colours of pink and yellow to welcome baby Aisyah
 Dino Cupcakes
Dino cupcakes for Adam's 4th birthday
The t-rex photos were chosen by Azlina and printed into edible form
After this particular weekend was over and all cupcakes safely delivered, I had to make another cake for Raja Johanna, whose husband, Tengku Datuk Zafrul just turned 40. That will be in my next blog entry! I never got to rest that weekend actually!!


No comments:

Post a Comment