Wednesday 5 February 2014

"A Cake for Tok Andak"

I haven't been making cakes for a while now.  My last cake before this one was the owl birthday cake I did for my niece, Iman. January was a very hectic month for me as my kids start their new school year and I am still without help!
 
As far as I can say, am so glad that January is over and February is here. The kids are finally settled in their new school year routine and my life will be back to normal when my maid eventually comes back on the 10th of February.

I actually did squeeze in 2 cakes in January. The first cake I made was on the last weekend of January at the request of  my dad. He wanted me to make a simple cake for his uncle, Andak (Tan Sri Rozhan bin Kuntom) or known to us as Tok Andak for his birthday celebration to be held on the next Sunday, the 26th of January 2014. Tok Andak is very sickly now and his son (my dad's cousin) wanted to commemorate his birthday with having all of his father's close relatives over for a birthday lunch. As a token for the occassion, my dad thought a cake would be a nice gesture. Something personal from him and our family.
 
So, with very short notice and no game plan, I whipped up this very simple cake. I made a lemon cake with vanilla buttercream. When my dad asked me how much did he owe me for the cake, I was horrified!! Of course, the cake was free!! A small contribution from Pink Ellies!!!
 
The simple cake made to look like a gift box

The tag on the cake

Another view of the cake
I was quite happy with the cake despite starting to bake the cake at 5 pm on Saturday, I still managed to finish the cake by 11 am the next morning in time for delivery to my parents' home.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment