Thursday 27 February 2014

"One Direction"

A cake ordered by my friend, Sarah for her daughter's 11th birthday celebration. Sarah's only daughter, Alysha, is the biggest fan of One Direction. Hence, the 1D theme cake requested by her. Its actually a fairly simple cake to execute. I designed the cake with these theme colours of red, black, white and silver. I made a two tier cake, with the first tier made to look like a platform for the upper tier. I had chosen a few 1D images and had them printed into a film strip and placed this strip around the upper tier cake.
 
The main item I had on the cake was an edible cut out of the One Direction boys popping out of the top tier cake. I also added a few stars as an added decoration on the cake. The cake is all vanilla bean flavoured with vanilla buttercream and coated with white chocolate. Happy Belated Birthday, Alysha!

The One D boys popping out of the cake

The many images of One D, which I have arranged into a film reel 


The overall view of the 1D cake
 
This was my last cake before I took a hiatus from baking and making cakes. Am currently on a month break and hope to return to my cakes in March 2014. I had to undergo a minor carpal tunnel release surgery for my right hand two weeks ago and am currently resting my hand. I hope the surgery will solve all the numbness that I have been expereiencing in the last few months. Wish me a speedy recovery ya!!

I look forward to a great 2014 and I hope this year will be kind to me :)

Take care peeps!!

xoxo
Elinna
Pink Ellies

No comments:

Post a Comment