Wednesday 5 February 2014

"English Roses"

This cake order came as a surprise to me as out of the blue, my friend from Jakarta, Azah sent me a BBM text to request an engagement cake for her sister. Azah rarely sent texts to anybody, so it was quite shocking to get a message from her.
 
She wanted an English themed cake and actually sent me a photo of how the cake should look like. Her sister wanted me to copy the cake exactly like the photo. Truthfully, am not too keen in copying another person's work. I actually look at other cake photos to get some ideas on how my cake should be. Since this was a request made by my customer, I had no choice but to follow the sample cake photo. Which I did, but only up to certain details. The rest I added my own touch to it and I was actually quite happy with how the cake turned out.
 
The cake had so many roses on it that I was worried how the cake would turned out. Its not a very big cake, mind you. Its about 7" in diameter and 3" in height but the cake had 2 big sized roses, 6 medium sixed roses, 5 small sized roses, 10 hydrageas and 10 blossoms! That's quite a sum for such a small cake. On top of the flowers, Azah wanted the sides all around the cake to be decorated with lace patterns made with a mix of fondant and royal icing.

The whole view of the engagement cake

The sides of the cake made to look like lace
 
A close-up at the flower arrangement on the cake

Another view of my cake
I am so glad to hear that your sister loves the cake, Azah! Congratulations to her on her recent engagement and it was great meeting up with you that day. It has been a long time since we've caught up!!


It was a sweet and short catch-up!!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment