Sunday 4 November 2012

"Red Warriors Fan"

My friend Razlen or fondly called Len, wanted to surprise her son, Ilham for his 10th birthday. She wanted me to make a cake that has the Kelantan football team or better known as the "Red Warriors" theme. Len being Len, ordered this cake so last minute that my edible printing supplier had already started on her Aidiladha break. So, I wasn't able to print out the logo image of the football team to put on the cake. I had to modify my design and I only had 2 days to do it!!

I usually don't accept orders that is less than 1 week, but I guess Len is an exception. We've been friends for a few years and I've know Ilham since before he started primary school. So, I couldn't say no to her. I then decided that the easiest way to make the cake nice is to put a boy figure on the cake in red football attire (Kelantan team jersey is red!) and print out the logo and put it like a sign board on the cake. 

The front view of the cake showing the Kelantan football team logo behind the soccer boy

Ilham as depicted by me on the cake with his red jersey and soccer ball candle
The cake was butter vanilla with vanilla frosting. According to Len, Ilham was so happy with the surprise cake for his birthday. Happy 10th Birthday, Ilham... Hope you had a great celebration that day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment