Monday 12 November 2012

"Princess Cake"

Melissa celebrated her 4th birthday on 31st October 2012. To celebrate the occasion, her mom, Marhaini wanted a princess cake for her little princess. She wanted me to make for her a cake that has the upper body of a real doll but the full skirt is made of cake. I decided to not use a doll but instead wanted to make the body from sugarpaste or fondant. It was a simple but a very sweet cake. My daughter, Hannah was green with envy when she saw me making this cake. She questioned why didn't I make for her a birthday cake like this one. She forgot that she herself chose the theme for her birthday cuppies!!! LOL... She also remembered her 4th birthday cake, which was a princess cake but had a doll body!! It was quite funny but I didn't think Hannah thought it was amusing!!  I had to pacify her and told her that I will make for her a princess cake next time!

Back to my cake, Marhaini wanted a chocolate cake and the theme colour she chose was purple and pink. It took a while for the doll to harden as its the raining season and rain and fondant are not the best of friends!! All this humidity caused the fondant on my cake to be quite soft and a simple cake became not so simple after all because of the weather. I decided to make the princess' hair blond and the tiara red. This cake is actually my fictional princess!!!

So, this was how my princess looked like. I dusted the dress with lustre dust to get the shimmer look. The eyes was a bit smudged! My hands were not so steady that day and the colour just keeps on smudging the eyes... My princess now has the smokey look...Hehehe... 
A brighter shot of the the cake
The face up-close
According to Marhaini, Melissa was so thrilled with the cake. This was her testimonial from FB: "Not only did the cake look good , it tasted absolutely divine. Thanks Pink Ellies Novelty Cakes!! My eldest daughter is already planning what cake she wants on her 16th birthday! "

Thanks so much for the order, Marhaini. I hope to hear from you soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment