Tuesday 15 January 2013

"Jungle Fever"

Its 2013, a new year and its time again for me to open a new book and reflect if I could achieve in 2013 what I could've done in 2012 but didn't! This maybe because I didn't have the time, courage or just simply didn't bother to follow through in 2012. One thing's for sure, this year, I plan to put more concentration on my son. That means more time for him and less time on cake making. Haziq will be sitting for his UPSR examination and I need to give him all the support he needs.

I admit that I did somewhat neglect him last year because I was too busy making cakes! Well, this year I would have to be more selective on my cake orders and put my son's priorities first. That being said, I still started the 1st weekend of January 2013 with a big cake order. My regular client, Raja Jesrina Tan Sri Raja Arshad commissioned 60 3D cupcakes with the jungle animals theme. Yup, 60 animals to make. She gave me a free reign on the animal design but she gave me a few photos of how the theme of the cupcakes should be. These cupcakes were for her only nephew, Zaeem, who celebrated his 1st birthday on 05th January 2013.

At first, I thought I was not ready to do this. Actually, I was still in a holiday mood and not yet ready to start baking and decorating cakes but I still decided to accept the order. I couldn't say no to Jess as she has been very supportive of my cakes and has ordered quite a few from me last year.

I decided to make 7 types of jungle animal - tiger, elephant, lion, monkey, bear, hippo and snake. That's quite a lot to do as I was alone and my maid was off for a few days. I succeeded and managed to get all the jungle animals done a day before the cake was due.

The frontal view of the "Jungle Fever" cupcakes for Zaeem's 1st birthday

The friendly monkey, tiger, lion & hippo

The cute bear

The smiling monkey and lion

Side view of the cupcakes

The elephant and smiling snake
The animals looked easy to make but the process was actually quite tedious. Am so happy they turned out alright and Jess was very happy with the cupcakes. She SMSed me the next day and told me, "...thanks so much for the cupcakes they looked fantastic!! Everyone loved them v intricate, loved it!!..."

I am very happy to start off the year with a very satisfied customer. Even though I have decided to cut down on my cake orders, I will still update my blog though it won't be as often as before. Let's hope for a better year ahead!

xoxoxo
Elinna Bahrin
Pink Ellies Novelty Cakes


No comments:

Post a Comment