Tuesday 15 January 2013

"Last Order for December 2012"

This was the last order I took for the month of December 2012. I was exhausted and wanted to finish off the year resting and spending time with my family. I felt really bad that my husband and I didn't take the kids for a vacation this time around. 

The theme of this cake is Rob the Robot. Patricia or fondly known as Pat during my college years had contacted me way back in August to ask about possible designs for her son's 1st birthday cake. She had  gone through a few ideas before she decided on this theme. The concept of the cake is Rob and his friends landing on a party planet. I was asked to actually sketch a design of this cake and run by the ideas with Pat. She wanted me to have all these little details like presents, balloons and mini cakes as part of the deco. Truthfully, I wasn't really looking forward to making this cake. I was afraid that I couldn't meet Pat's expectation as she was so excited and I didn't want to disappoint her. So, I tried my best to create these characters as close as I could to the animated characters on television.

I had the cake made up of two tiers, the top tier resembling a half shaped planet. I even had the mould ordered all the way from UK!!! All in all, the cake was a fun one to make and I was actually quite surprised that I finished it on time with not many hiccups, except for the weather!! That can't be helped!!!

This was how my cake looked like :)

This was the overall view of the cake. The colours are vibrant to suit the theme

TK the robot. Ain't she cute???

Orbit the robot. This one was a challenge to make because of the wheels at his body, but am glad with how it turned out.

The main character, Rob the robot and his bestie, Emma the alien. Not forgeting their pet mouse...
Pat was very happy with the cake! Whew!! She told me that the cake was a favourite with all the kids at the party. This was what she said, " The cake was a hit. Thanks for making it as I imagined it to be and better." You're so very welcome, Pat.

I am very, very happy that my last cake order for year 2012 was a success and I am truly blessed that 2012 was indeed a good year for Pink Ellies Novelty Cakes!

Happy New Year 2013 and let's hope for more interesting cakes for me to tackle in 2013 :)



No comments:

Post a Comment