Sunday 17 February 2013

"LV for Syafina"

Two weekends ago, I made an LV bag birthday cake for Maiza's daughter, Syafina, who turned 9. This was actually a last minute order that I don't usually accept but since Maiza and me have known each other for a few years already, I decided to accept her order. I did warn her though that next time, I would need at least 1 week in advance notice for any cake orders!!!

Luckily for Maiza, my edible print supplier was able to print for me the LV logo for the bag at a very short notice. I was able to make for Syafina an LV bag instead of a Chanel bag, which needed no edible print. The cake itself looked simple but the weather was so hot and humid that weekend, that my cake literally came apart at the seams!!! I had to spend a few hours fixing the handbag (as I am a perfectionist and I can't stand flaws!!!) and ended up making the cake most of the time with the ac on! I couldn't take another mishap as the cake was due the very next day and I still had the base to finish!!! Can you imagine my stress level, then??? 

With all the determination I could muster plus time was ticking too, I managed to finish the cake 2 hours before the collection!!! Phew! That was quite a feat for me. Maiza was full of praises when she saw the cake and Syafina was so happy!

The LV handbag up-close...

Overall view of the cake

The back of the cake and I added a piece of scarf as part of the cake

The cake base was airbrushed with silver sheen and the sides were decorated with floral motifs

Another full view of the cake...
Thanks for the order Maiza and thanks so much for the wonderful compliments on the cake... I look forward to your future orders...

No comments:

Post a Comment