Monday 25 February 2013

"Rockstah Sofiya"

I made this cake for my cousin's friend, Sherry, who wanted to celebrate her daughter's Sweet 16th birthday with their close friends. When Rosie ordered the cake from me, she only specified 2 main things, 1) the rockstar must have a guitar and 2) her hair must be like the princess character from Disney's Brave. With that in mind, I decided to create the theme around the colours pink, purple and black.

This cake was done without knowing how Sofiya looked like in real life. So, my figure proportions were a bit off as I'm told that Sofiya is actually very slim. My figure shows a full figure!!! LOL... I hope Sofiya is not too upset by the cake!!! This cake was not without any challenges, let me tell you!!! I spent up to the wee hours trying to perfect the cake as all things that could go wrong, went wrong with this cake. Its just one of those days I was having.  The cake to me turned out alright but not one of my best efforts I would say.

On the good side, the cake tasted pretty awesome as I made some changes with the chocolate cake recipe and the dark chocolate ganache. I hope that makes up for the rockstar figurine not having the right figure proportions!!

Whole view of the cake

My full figured Sofiya with the electric guitar

Another view of the rockstar

Love the hair but unfortunately it didn't really curl the way I wanted it too

The musical notes as requested by Rosie
Hope you had a fun celebration Sofiya and thanks again for believing in me, Rosie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment