Wednesday 6 February 2013

"Another Lego Cake"

Last weekend, my friend Salmi requested that I make for her son, Azri's 8th birthday, a lego themed cake. Don't know why, but kids are so into lego these days, especially boys. Must be due to our very own "Legoland" theme park that just opened last year in Johor. Well, back to my cake, I accepted the order even though I was down with a nasty migraine for the better part of last week.

This was my second lego cake. I had done one last December for Oleen's son, Naeem's 8th birthday. So, I decided to change the concept of my cake as I do not like to repeat my designs. For this cake, I worked around the "Contruction Lego" theme, where I had the cake look like a lego building site and the lego men were in the construction get-up. I made a square base cake this time around but I still retain a round shape for the second tier.

All in all, this was a fairly easy cake to make. The only tedious part was making the lego blocks. The cake turned out quite nice and I was quite happy with it. 

The overall view of the "Construction Lego" cake...

Lego contruction man no 1...

Lego construction man no 2...

The building site with the lego blocks...

Lego blocks up-close...

Birthday boy's name in lego logo colours...
Thanks for the order Salmi and thanks for having us at your function. Am so glad that Azri loves this cake :)


No comments:

Post a Comment