Wednesday 19 June 2013

"Haziq Turns 12"

My son, Haziq Iskandar Bahrin turned 12 last Saturday, 15th June 2013. This is a big year for Haziq. He will be eligible for his own identity card and that's already one step towards adulthood. I can't believe how fast time flies and he's growing up so fast. He's fast turning into a teenager with the way he talks, dress, the music he listens to and the smart answers he gives me! My husband, Bahrin and I knew he was really growing up when he told us that he has a crush with a girl in his class. I think we both aged overnight when he told us!! Our son is already talking about girls!!! What's next, we wonder???

He also listens to music that I've never heard of (signs that am getting older and out of touch with the younger generation) and is getting very vain about the way he looks. He refuses to have his hair trimmed at the barber but instead insist that we take him to a proper hair salon. His clothes must be colour coordinated and so on. To me, even with these changes, he's still my little boy.

Haziq has always been a compassionate boy. He gets that from my side of the family... Hehehe... He loves his grandparents dearly and I always consider him my parents' third child. He looks forward to every weekend so that he could sleepover at my parents. His bond with my parents started  from the day I brought him home from the hospital and stayed at my parents during my confinement period. Let's just say, even though he lives with me, his heart will always remain at my parents' home.

On the occasion of your 12th birthday Haziq, I wish you all the best for your coming exam in September, wish you all the joy and happiness in the coming years, wish you good health and I know you'll grow up to be a responsible and matured person with good manners, good etiquette and good religious foundation. May your life be blessed always, my boy... Love you always....

Early morning birthday breakfast of buttermilk pancakes with maple syrup

He chose to spend his birthday with 9 of his closest classmates at Galactic Laser, Sunway
Bahrin and I decided to let him spend his birthday with his closest buddies from class playing laser tag at Galactic Laser in Sunway Pyramid. I made a simple birthday cake for him with the Team Fortress 2 theme for him to share with his friends. We also had simple party favours for his friends after the game. All in, it was a good day for him. Simple but meaningful.

Haziq's TF 2 birthday cake
TF 2 is Haziq's favourite computer game at the moment
The party favors for Haziq's friends
Happy 12th Birthday, my dear Haziq.... I wish only the best for you and I know you will succeed in all your future endeavours...

xoxoxo
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment