Sunday 16 June 2013

"Pom-poms & Clouds"

When I received this cupcake order for a pajama themed birthday party, I thought okay this should be fun to make. The concept is very different from my normal orders. Aziana wanted me to make mini pom-poms on sticks to be part of the cupcakes decoration. She wanted the colour theme to be white and grey and decided to have clouds on sticks too as part of the decoration. Initially, I was thinking to myself, "what a weird combination these cupcakes will be", but after I've done the mini pom-poms in white and grey, I actually loved the effect these pom-poms had on the cupcakes.

The clouds were very cute too. Instead of making these clouds with paper, I decided to make them with gumpaste and I had these clouds dusted with edible lustre and even added some silver sugar shimmer dust. The cupcakes were red velvet and the frosting was cream cheese.

The cupcakes with the pom-poms and clouds

Frontal view of the cupcakes


Side view and the clouds can be seen clearly from this angle

The frosting was also made to look like clouds
I had fun making the pom-poms and would love to use this idea again on another cake! Maybe for my daughter's or mom's birthday cake. Thanks for the order, Aziana and I hope you gals had lots of fun at the party :)


No comments:

Post a Comment