Monday 30 September 2013

"Another Minecraft Cake"

I made another minecraft themed cake for my friend, Ila's youngest son, Shane. The cake is actually a simple cake to execute but its quite tedious because of the many squares that I needed to use to decorate around the cake. The first minecraft themed cake I did was in the form of cupcakes and it was even more detailed than the bigger cake as the sugar modelling had to be scaled down and I had to do more sugar work, hence the more expensive charges for the cupcakes.
 
For this cake, however, I planned my time better (to anticipate should there be any mishaps!) and I actually managed to finish my cake on time and I wasn't even frazzled! The last minecraft cake took me ages to finish due to the detailed modelling and I actually stayed up the whole night to finish the cupcakes. I am so glad that this time around that didn't happen.
 
I started decorating the cake with the square fondant tiles first before I attempted the figure and animal modelling. This way, I wouldn't have to rush on my cake, if any mishaps were to happen to my modelling! Its no joke making a cake when you've already put in about 8 hours of working time in the office during the day! But I work better at night plus its always cooler to do my cakes at night.
 
I had the cake airbrushed green and bronze and I was very happy with how the tiles on the cake turned out. For the top of the cake, I made a boy with the sheep and the TNT. The cake was vanilla flavoured with chocolate frosting.
 
The whole view of the cake
The minecraft boy with his very square sheep

Side angle of the cake

The mini fondant suqares in different shades of green and brown
Happy Belated Birthday, Shane! I sure had fun making this cake and I hope you enjoyed the cake with your friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment