Monday 9 September 2013

"Of Stripes & Spots"

One of Hannah's besties, Azra Alya, celebrated her 9th birthday yesterday. To mark the occasion, her mom, Roszhita ordered a zebra stripes and leopard spots theme cupcakes from me. I never liked the animal prints design, be it on a fabric, on a person or even on accessories. After making this order, I changed my mind. I actually love how these mismatched sprints could create such a great effect. Maybe now I'll be a bit brave and try out a piece of clothing that has these prints on them!

When I first heard about this order, I was quite skeptical on how the cupcakes would turned out especially when I had to decorate the cupcakes with two of Azra's fave colours of pink and purple. My first thought was how am I going to make the colour pink and purple work on top of the zebra stripes and leopard prints?

So, I came up with the design to make all the fondant decoration on the cupcakes in pink. That way, not too many colours on one cupcake display. I only added the purple and silver (to tone down the dark purple) as ribbons on the cupcake casings. For the top of the cupcakes, I made Azra's initial A, a bow and a flower as the main element on the cupcakes. I always believe in the term, "less is more" and I'm glad I did. The cupcakes turned out really nice and Roszhita was really thrilled when she collected the cupcakes from me.

I love how vibrant the colours look when all the cupcakes are arranged together

The details on the cupcakes

Another close-up view of the cupcakes

I chose purple and silver organza ribbons to dress up the casings
Happy 9th Birthday, sweet Azra... May you have more wonderful years ahead to celebrate all the joys of life... Thanks for being such a wonderful friend to Hannah... 

xoxo
Auntie Elinna

No comments:

Post a Comment