Tuesday 3 September 2013

"Joey's 33rd"

Last week, I had a last minute order from Jess (Raja Jesrina Raja Arshad), who is one of my best customers. She wanted to surprise her fiance, Joey for his 33rd birthday party. She contacted me on Monday for a cake on Thursday. I usually don't accept last mniute orders and if you've been following my blog, you would've realised that I've slowed down quite a bit from taking cake orders this year. The reason being my son will be sitting for his national Malaysian Upper Primary examinations or better known as UPSR here. I have been very busy being the driver to my son as he has extra classes almost every day since the beginning of the year. Now, I only have to survive another 8 days and his exams will be over!! Am sure I'll be more relieved than him!! I will get my life and normal routine back!!! Can't wait actually!!!

Well, back to Jess' request, I told her the truth and that I couldn't really make elaborate cakes as the time given to me for planning and executing the cake was only 2 days! I work full time, so I had a bit of time constraint. Nevertheless, I still accepted the order on the condition that the cake is not that dificult to execute. The theme of the cake was golf and Joey's favourite colour is orange. He's a fan of Rickie Fowler's golf accessories. After looking at different options, I decided to make a cake that has a sugar figure of Joey on a golf course with his orange golf bag. This was how my cake looked like:

The overall view of the cake

The sides of the cake was decorated with fondant circles and airbrushed with green and silver

Doesn't really look like Joey but the closest I could make with the time constraint I had

The sugar figure us quite cute actually, and I was quite happy with how it turned out
 
The orange PUMA cap, which I hand painted and the orange PUMA golf bag
The cake was vanilla bean flavoured with vanilla frosting. This was what Jess had to say when she saw the cake, "Hi Elinna I love the cake! Thanks for pulling it together in such short notice :)" I was very happy to see that message and makes all the hard work really worth it! Thanks again for the order Jess and Happy Belated Birthday, Joey :)

No comments:

Post a Comment