Tuesday 18 December 2012

"Harry Wolverine"

This cake was requested by my cousin, Ezel for her hubby, Harry's surprise birthday party. The theme of the cake is Wolverine and I was given a free rein on the design of the cake. Since time was running short and I had 3 cakes to complete that weekend, I took some of the wolverine cake ideas in the web. I decided to go with wolverine's hands with blades instead of wolverine's mask as I feel that the cake would be more dramatic with the hands coming out of it.

Harry's cake was surprisingly quite easy to make except for making the blades coming out of the hands stand. That was the most tricky part of the cake. To top it all, it was raining the whole time and the weather was so humid that the sugar took ages to dry and harden. I think my other half will freak out when he sees the electricity bill this month!!! I had to keep the a/c running the whole time in the kitchen while am completing all these 3 cakes.

I'm glad to say that eventually, the blades did dry up and they were standing proudly up to the end of the birthday surprise. I am so thankful for that. As for Ezel and Harry, they were very happy campers and told me that not only did the cake look nice its was yummy too!!

The frontal view of the cake

Yay for me as the blades were still standing and coming out of Wolverine's hand quite nicely

The other side view of the cake
 Thanks so much for the order Ezel and Happy Belated Birthday, Harry!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment