Tuesday 4 December 2012

"Lilac Lace"

The lovely lilac lace cake
I begin my post today with a cake photo. I absolutely just love this cake. This cake is one of my favourite of all the cakes I've made so far. The colour itself is so pastel and sweet. This cake was ordered by Raja Jesrina Tan Sri Raja Arshad for her sister, Dina's birthday.

She wanted a simple cake with pastel colours of lilac, pink and cream. Jess left the design of the cake to me and I decided to make the cake look like a pice of delicate lace with a lilac background and cream lacework. The cake is a combination of sugar paste and royal icing. The royal icing string work is quite intricate and I spent quite a while perfecting the lines on the cake.

Jess loved the overall effect on the cake and this was what she wrote to me,"Everyone loved the cake! They said it looked so pretty and tasted delish :) Thanks for such a wonderful job, you may be getting requests for more cake orders from others soon!"

I am so happy when I can do this for all my clients as I've fulfilled my tag line of making cakes that are not only good to look at but also taste as good as it looks!! Thanks again, Jess and I look forward to making more cakes for you and your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment