Wednesday 12 December 2012

"JLo concert vs Cake"

There was a last minute cake order due on 3rd December 2012, that I accepted from Raja Jesrina Tan Sri Raja Arshad. She and her siblings wanted to surprise their dad with a cake at his birthday party.

This was a simple cake I made with the main focus on family love theme. I was at first quite worried that I wouldn't be able to finish this cake on time as I had promised my bestie, Sheila, that I would accompany her to JLo's concert in KL that night. I actually had a mental block as I was starting the cake at 8 am in the morning and I just couldn't get any ideas on how to design the cake. So, I wasted a good 2 hours trying out different ideas! In the end, I had to sleep at 3 am that day to finish this cake as I couldn't finish the cake before I left for the concert. I had to continue with the cake after I returned from the concert!!!

Jlo's concert was awesome though, despite the rain and I really needed the break from making cakes! Thank you, Sheila for the concert tix and also the wonderful time we had standing in the rain, while waiting for JLo to start her show!! It was fantastic as we had front row standing and I got a chance to see JLo up-close. Only one word could describe her, GORGEOUS!! Two photos I have from her concert...

JLo upclose...

Another nice one from Sheila's BB. She's taller than me, so she managed to capture better photos!!! LOL
Now, this was how my cake turned out. Simple but actually not quite that easy to make as the waether was so bad that day. It just rained, and rained the whole day!!!

The cake was done in shades of blue and silver and mostly decorated with family photos

The other main component of the cake was a vector badge that says, "World's Greatest Papa"
The family photo up-close
After the 3 cakes I made in this particular weekend, I decided to take a break for one week. Now, I have to prepare myself for another cake marathon! I have 3 cakes to complete by this Saturday!!! I hope God will give me all the strength I need so that I am able to accomplish my task!!

Wish me luck, peeps!!


No comments:

Post a Comment