Monday 14 May 2012

"Last Week of April Orders"


I was supposed to take a break from baking this weekend but my mom asked me to make cupcakes for my Auntie Yan, whose son was getting engaged on 29th of April 2012. Since the order is coming from my mom, how can I say no, right? So, my mom wanted to contribute these cupcakes as part of my cousin's engagement "hantaran".  The colour requested by my aunt is purple and pink.

I decided that I was going to make poppies for the cupcakes. I started preparing the flowers 3 days earlier as I wanted them really dry when I put them on the cupcakes. Here's how the engagement cupcakes turned out....



These cupcakes were made for my cousin, Hazry's merisik ceremony. Yes, he's getting hitched at the end of the year!!! Well anyway, my Auntie Yan requested that I do a purple and pink theme as the bride-to-be loves these 2 colours. As for the flavour, the cupcakes were orange with vanilla buttercream icing. Congratulations, Hazry!!

So, sweet, right? I hope Hazry's fiance and her family enjoyed the cupcakes. As for me, am glad that I managed to contribute something to the occasion as my aunt was one of my strongest supporter during the days leading to my wedding 13 years ago.!! She used to come by every day to help my mom make the "bunga telur" for my wedding. Its time I repaid her for all her thoughtfulness and kindness. Love you, Auntie Yan... 

Oh, I forgot to mention that while I was preparing and planning the cupcakes for my aunt, my friend, Noni asked me if I could make 30 simple garden themed cupcakes for the daughter's 9th birthday celebration in school. Not wanting to let her down, I squeezed in her order and made for Nisha her birthday cuppies.


Nisha's favourite colours are purple and blue, so I made sure I had those colours in the cuppies. 

I had butterflies, lady bugs and flowers as part of the theme.  

No comments:

Post a Comment