Thursday 10 May 2012

"First Weekend of April"

Its been a while since I updated my blog. April had been a good month for me. I had a few interesting orders in April, plus I also had time to take off for a much needed break as I was exhausted!! Its not been easy juggling my work, my kids and my cakes!! I wouldn't have it any other way, though!!!

For the beginning of April, I actually received two orders. The first one was a Transformers cake and the other was a shoe (heel) cake.







This time its my good friend from Jakarta days, Hanie's turn to order a cake from me. Her son, Rayyan, celebrated his 6th birthday last weekend and the theme of the party was "Transformers". Since Rayyan loves the Bumblebee robot, I decided to make one for him on the cake. It was quite a task making this robot stand as the weather was raining one minute and hot the next. Not to mention, the humidity but am glad it turned out alright and was standing proudly for the duration of the event. The cake was chocolate with vanilla icing. Happy Birthday, Rayyan!!!

At first, I was quite reluctant to take this order as I've already committed myself to another cake but I relented when my friend, Hanie asked me to help her out. It was quite a difficult cake to make as the robot had so many details. So, I ended up taking quite a long time finishing the details. My kids thought it was an awesome cake. Well, I thought I could do better. The proportions of Bumblebee was a bit off. Nevertheless, am somewhat quite happy with how it turned out.




A cake ordered by Teena for her boss. Its a 2-tiered cake with a Coach heel as the topper. The cakes has two flavours, the top being chocolate with cjocolate ganache icing and the bottom with orange and orange buttecream. The theme colour are black and pink and the cake reflects a closed jewellery box at the bottom and a box at the top.


This cake was done the same weekend as the Bumblebee cake. I loved the pink and black combination. It was an interesting cake to make but the rainy weather didn't help me at all!!! The shoe refuse to harden. As a result, I had to make the sole of the heel two times before it turned out fine. Am glad the shoe harden in time when I delivered the cake to Teena.

No comments:

Post a Comment