Wednesday 6 June 2012

"Ayah's Birthday & Mother's Day"

Every year when we celebrate my dad's birthday, it will fall during the same time as Mother's Day. So, for us its a double celebration!! Unfortunately for me, my mom changed her mind last minute organising a birthday dinner for my dad and instead made lunch for him on Mother's Day itself, which was a day before my dad's birthday!!! I felt so bad because I didn't have the time to actually make for my dad a novelty cake for his birthday. I had this vision of making him his company's truck miniature as a birthday cake but alas, I didn't get to do it!! The reason was beacuse I was in KT the whole of Saturday and only arrived back in KL at 10.30 pm. So, I had no time to bake a proper cake and decorate it elaborately.

I went for lunch at my parents the next day, on Sunday, 13th of May, not knowing that my mom was already busy cooking a feast to celebrate my dad's 65th birthday. I came with only CUPCAKES!!! The cuppies were meant  for Mother's Day not my dad's birthday!!! My mom said its alright because it won't matter how the cake look like. What matters is our presence to celebrate the occasion. The cuppies were orange flavoured since my mom loves orange cake and I decorated it to like flowers. But nevertheless, my dad didn't mind as to him, the cake is not important! I did mind. I felt so guilty as I have made so many cakes for other people and yet I couldn't make one for my dad. Looking back, I guess what's more important at the end of the day is that my parents had all their family with them to celebrate the occasion.

These were the cuppies that I made...


The colours I chose were vibrant orange, yellow and violet pink. We had a good Sunday and my parents were very happy that day.


My parents and me with all the 3 grandchildren... Happy 65th Birthday Ayah and Happy Mother's Day, Ma... Love you both...

No comments:

Post a Comment