Wednesday 6 June 2012

"Yan's Cakes"

Its been a while since I've had any time to update my blog. I was actually busy with my cakes and also going on the tv series marathon of Pretty Little Liars (S2), Gossip Girl (S5), Smash and now am in the midst of watching the Good Wife (S3). What can I say, I am ADDICTED to these series marathon. Since I can't find the time to watch it on tv, I actually buy the CDs and watch them straight for a few days until I'm done. Well anyways, back to my cakes. My friend, Yan called me during my lunch break one day and told me that she wanted to order 2 small cakes from me.

As usual, she wants her favourite butter vanilla flavour and the cakes have to be decorated with flowers and butterflies. One of the cakes is for her daughter, Farzana's 16th birthday celebration in school. So, here's what I came up with for Farzana...


I chose the colour purple as I love how sweet the colour is when put together with the leaves backdrop. The flowers I chose were daisies in violet and pink. I had 3 butterflies decorated on the cake. A simple cake but fits Farzana's sweet personality.

As for the other cake, I chose red flowers for Yan. This other cake is just for her to enjoy with her family. Yan has such a vibrant personality, that I know red is the right colour for her. I made a simple poppy in red with black centre and had butterflies on the cake as requested by Yan.


Thanks again Yan for your continuous support. I look forward to making more cakes for you and your family in the future....

No comments:

Post a Comment