Sunday 10 June 2012

"Hanim's Order"

My cousin, Hanim wanted me to make for her daughter a pony themed birthday cake and cupcakes. She had booked me way back in April. Her daughter, Zahra turned 3 in May. Since Hanim and family is living in Miri, they decided to wait for June to organise a birthday party in KL for Zahra. Hanim had planned this party early on and had hired a designer to make for her the prints for the birthday banner, candy wrappers, party packs, cupcake toppers and so on. The colours she had for the party were so sweet. The colours chosen were blue, yellow, pink, purple and white. As you know, I love playing with colours!!! And having five colours to work on was really great!!

I had already planned to make a "My Little Pony" miniature on the cake. So, I had to borrow from my niece, Myeisha, her pony. The pony was pink and had purple mane. Looks easy enough. Boy, was I wrong!!! Not so easy to make the four legs to attach to the body without the body cracking!! In the end I managed to get the body and legs together without the whole structure falling!! The head was also quite challenging for me. The first two heads I shaped looked like it was a duck's head. The head was perfect after my third attempt!!! Third time's a charmer, I guess. I had fun doing the pony's purple mane. The rest of the cake was simple enough for me as I'm used to making the flowers and leaves and stuff like that.

As for the cupcakes, I love the toppers that Hanim had designed and the colour combination is very, very sweet. Very appropriate for a girl's birthday party. I had the toppers printed out on stickers and put lollipop sticks as stands and top it up with ribbons on the toppers. Have a look at my cake...


Happy 3rd Birthday, Zahra... Hope you had a great time on your birthday... I surely did have a fun time making the pink pony!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment