Wednesday 27 June 2012

"Pororo Cake"

I had a last minute order from Yazmin, who is my college mate, Shida's younger sister. Yazmin's daughter, Keisha turned 3 on 16th June 2012. Usually I need at least a week's notice for me to accept a cake order. Yazmin only gave me 4 days notice! The one week notice is actually time for me to plan and design the cake that I'm making. Since I've known Shida for a while now, I decided to take the order even though when I agreed to make the cake, I didn't know or never heard of Pororo. How am I supposed to make characters on the cake when I've never even watched the cartoon before and don't even know what Pororo looked like!! Thus, my researching task began as soon as I accepted the order. It was my sweetie, Hannah, who pointed out to me that Pororo is actually a penguin. A penguin, thank god, I thought.

Pororo turned out to be a very cute character. He has many friends but Keisha's favourite characters are Poriri (female version penguin) and a little pink bird called Harry. I chose the images from the web and printed them out as a sample for me to follow while am making the sugar characters. This cake was done without a hitch and took me less time than I estimated... Yay!! I am very happy with how it turned out and so was Shida!!! So, it was all good. 

The only downside was I had to deliver the cake from my place all the way to Corus Hotel in Jalan Ampang. That didn't go so well. When the cake reached KL, Harry's hand had come off on one side. As usual, I panicked but my other half calmly told me to try and fix it best I could. He stopped the car on one side and I managed to glue the hand back to the body and the cake looks as good as new. Syukur for that!

This was my Pororo cake...

I was very happy with this cake. The characters look very alive and I so enjoyed the process of making this cake



Happy 3rd Birthday, little Keisha... Shida told me that Yazmin kept all the figurines in the freezer for her to treasure as long as she could. She said they're just too cute to be eaten or destroyed!!! Thanks, Shida and Yazmin for appreciating my work.


No comments:

Post a Comment