Wednesday 27 June 2012

"Weekend of Birthdays"

In my last post, I wrote about my son, Haziq who turned 11 on 15th June 2012. Well, I promised to post his birthday cuppies and here it is...

Birthday cuppies and party favors for his classmates


The theme I chose was Mario Kart. Haziq loves playing this game on his Nintendo DS. So, I wanted to do something that he liked. I had the Mario Kart cupcake toppers and party favor labels custom made online and I printed the templates and painstakingly cut each of the images to create the toppers and favors. I chose the colour red and blue for the theme. Haziq loved the images even though this was by far, the easiest cake I've done for him. To him, having the cupcakes to celebrate with his friends in school was good enough. He was very surprised with the party favors. I didn't tell him about that until he saw them for himself. His friends were thrilled that morning when I went to school to send the cupcakes to his class.

I hope you had a great birthday this year Haziq!!

The Bahrins

Cheeky Haziq and Hannah on his birthday


 Oh ya, he wanted a Baskins Robbins ice-cream cake for his birthday dinner! At first, I felt a bit crushed as he didn't want me to bake him a nice novelty cake, but then I thought about it and realised I was actually relieved as that week I already had another cake order plus cupcakes for my girlfriends' birthdays and wouldn't have been able to juggle three cakes at the same time!!! I am after all a one woman show!!! So, thank you Haziq...












This shot was taken while the kids were waiting for me to get ready to send them to school. Haziq was very happy that morning!









On Sunday, the same weekend, my bestie, Sheila and me organised a brunch at Sheila's place. The girls and I haven't met for a while and thought it would be nice to just hangout and gossip for a few hours. So, every one knew what they would bring to the brunch. I just kept it general when I mentioned that I will be bringing desserts. The theme was set and Sheila chose "White & Denim" for the brunch. Little did my friends know, but I had planned to make for three of my friends, Azlina, Sheila & Aida birthday cuppies. Their birthdays just passed and since we didn't get the chance to celebrate earlier, the brunch was just perfect for a birthday surprise.

I kept the designs simple and had ordered the template online from US. I had the toppers custom made with their names on them and chose the colour navy blue and white for the images. Here's how the cuppies turned out...

The "White & Denim" theme was translated to my cupcakes. I had the cupcakes wrappers done to match the toppers. The girls loved it and was thrilled to have their individual names on the cupcakes.

The birthday girls with cupcakes all lighted up!!

We've been friends for the last 20 years and I hope our friendship will last even longer than that!!!



I had a great Sunday and its really nice to meet up after not seeing each other for a while. We have to do it again soon, girls...


No comments:

Post a Comment